Smoke Cliff Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoke Cliff Valley

Welcome to the little western town of Smoke Cliff Valley, where all is nowhere near as it seems. Enter... If you dare!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Information on Your Characters
Information on Your Characters I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 3:47 pm by The Running Horse

» Sidney Monroe || wip
Information on Your Characters I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 11:23 am by Sidney Monroe

» Character Application Model
Information on Your Characters I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 10:57 am by The Running Horse

Information on Your Characters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Running Horse
Admin
The Running Horse

Information on Your Characters Empty
PostSubject: Information on Your Characters   Information on Your Characters I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 3:47 pm

Now, our character system here on Smoke Cliff Valley is a little complicated, so this little guide should help you figure out what we mean in specific sections of your character's application and when you are first registering on the site.

First of all, your characters here are technically two different characters all at once, even if they may not act like it now that the show has been running several years and they have been trapped here.

First and foremost, your characters are staff of the show that is being filmed here in the little set-up town. Think of this as a movie or TV Show. You have the actors' names, and you have the name of the character they play.

Since this role play is focused more on the town in which the show is filmed in, our main focus on the name of the character that is represented in the show. Now, even the explanation is confusing, so let's take a look at an example and explain it that way, okay?

Take for example one of the show's main characters, Sheriff Sidney Monroe. Sidney is my character, so we're all good on using him as the example.

So, on the character application we have provided for you to use, you will notice that the big title-styled name for the character is specified further as a character name. Confusing, right? Well, let me explain. That is telling you that the name put in there is the name of the character 'portrayed in the show.' For example, Sidney Elijah Monroe.

Further down in the application, it asks for a "real name." This name is the actor/actress/show staff member behind the character. In Sidney's case, that is Jackson Moore. This is not to be confused with the character's play-by, who is an actual celebrity in real life that portrays the overall character here on the site!

So, as you can see, you are almost making up two characters. If you have a show staff member as your character (like a cameraman, director, etc.) then just delete the 'Real Name' segment of the application and fill in everything as you normally would on any other site.

Now, if you have an actual character 'from the show', all of your information is going to pertain to the character of the show. For example, if I'm doing an application for Sidney, the family information, martial status, and all that other jazz is going to be Sidney's information, not the actor behind him's information.

If you're asking why we have this if it makes everything harder, it's because we're aiming for an element of realism when we do this. For characters that haven't been with the show as long, they are still maybe going to act upon two different personalities - the one of their character for in front of the cameras, and the one for behind the cameras - their actor's persona. For characters that have been here longer, they have kind of settled into the lives of their characters - the result of a sort of brainwashing and control by The Running Horse Assosiation.

If you have any further questions or need help, please message an administrator!

Forum founder, McKenzie
Back to top Go down
https://smokecliffs-valley.board-directory.net

Information on Your Characters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Smoke Cliff Valley :: The Valley Sheriff's Office :: Sheriff's Office-
Jump to: